Podcast Player (Listen at 1.2x)
The official podcast of AdvisorAnalyst.com, publisher of actionable market and investment insight, commentary, analysis and practice management for investment professionals and investors.
Erika Toth shares her first hand perspective about the work she’s doing with advisors to assist them into the realm of top shelf wealth management. This was a comprehensive talk about the trends shaping the wealth management business, the evolution investment advisors have undertaken to become Fee-based, to earn PM designations, and to level up and grow their business, to go toe-to-toe with ICPMs (Investment Counsel PMs).
What’s driving this massive change, this levelling of the playing field?
Erika Toth is the director of Institutional and Advisory for Eastern Canada at BMO ETFs. She has extensive experience in investment analysis, portfolio construction, and trading of equities, fixed income, foreign exchange, options, ETFs and mutual funds. She is known for her attention to detail and providing support and education to advisors and portfolio managers in a consultative manner.
– Erika’s experience and background
– The size and growth of the ETF space in Canada
– The proliferation of ETF options/solutions in ten years, ranging from simple to very complex
– the trend of advisors graduating to PM in the field, gaining the credentials to do so
– from index ETFs to liquid alternative ETFs.
– how ETFs are levelling the playing field between Investment Advisor PMs vs. Investment Counsel PMs
– how ETFs are providing advisors with all the building blocks they can use to compete
– how advisors are competing with ICPMs using ETFs
– how she and the team at BMO ETFs are assisting advisors on a daily basis to level up their competitiveness
– how the playing field is levelling
– ideas and strategies advisors can implement to be competitive in the business and vs. ICPMs.
– portfolio construction and investment planning tools BMO ETFs have created for advisors
Connect with Erika Toth on Linkedin
You can find pretty much everything we discussed at https://bmoetfs.ca
Thank you for listening. Thank you for watching. Please make sure to like us and share us wherever you can. It helps more people like you find us.