Hugh Hendry, The Acid Capitalist, Macro-Advisor, and Founder of Eclectica Asset Management, joins us for a creative and critical, hot-take filled conversation about the current state of war, Vlad the blunderer, inflation, local and global macro, equities, bonds, carbon permits, NFTs, the metaverse, monetary policy, energy policy, and risk.
Listen on The Move
- Blunderer Putin's absurd personal ego-fueled tragic war on Ukraine
- Europe caught on the backfoot
- Inflation, what it is and is this it, yet?
- Natural gas, Pipelines
- Gold, gold, gold you're making me old
- the unbalanced symbiosis that is U.S.-China trade, currency and policy malaise
- the realities facing the bond market
- bifurcation and dislocation in markets
- the crisis and opportunity in equity market 'glitches'
- the Carbon Credit system, how it works, how it can work, and it's inevitable future value,
- the meaning and significance of 'The Metaverse' and NFTs and why and who it matters to.
Where to find and reach Hugh Hendry
Where to find the Raise Your Average crew:
"You don't have to be brilliant, just wiser than the other guys, on average, for a long time." Charlie Munger
Welcome to Raise Your Average, our deep dive journey into learning from the people and process behind the world of investing. Through conversations with leaders in the investments game, we peel back the layers of the onion on how these holders of the keys to the kingdom allocate their time, their energy, and their dollars.
We are all students and we are all teachers. We are the average of the 5 people we spend the most time with. Come hang out with us for a while and raise your average, as we raise ours.
Music credit: In Hip Hop, Paul Velchev (8MJZA6T3LK)