by Sound Choices, AGF Management Ltd.
Research has continually pointed to the measurable value that financial advisors provide their clients. For example, investors who work with financial advisors have on average 3.9 times more assets after 15 years than those who go it alone.1
A financial advisor can help you:
- Put together a financial plan that outlines the necessary steps to ensure you have enough money for your individual goals.
- With saving strategies for large purchases such as a house, car, cottage, or wedding.
- Choose investments that align with your goals and risk tolerance.
- Stay on track with your plan.
- Invest your money in a tax-efficient way to help minimize taxes.
- Understand current market events and help you understand how they may impact your investments and your plan.
- Make sense of the thousands of financial products available.
- Revisit your investments if your goals, priorities and circumstances change.
- Develop a plan to reduce your debts and begin saving for the future.
- Prioritize multiple goals.
- Refer you to another expert, like a tax planner or an accountant.
- Manage risks and determine if your portfolio needs to be repositioned.
- Plan to prepare funds for emergency planning.
- Set up a savings program for your kids’ post-secondary education – and help you navigate the RESP rules and government grants.
- Plan for different types of withdrawals.
- Consolidate your investments with your spouse in an effective manner.
- Plan for future health-care needs for yourself and your family and your objectives.
- Learn about financial-planning concepts and answer your questions about any step of the process.
- Plan for retirement.
- With estate planning and administration after the passing of a loved one.
A financial advisor can help you define your goals and provide valuable advice through every stage and many events in your life.
Don’t have a financial advisor? Before you start your search, read about finding the right advisor for you.
1 Source: Montmarquette, C., & Viennot-Briot, N. (2016). The Gamma Factor and the Value of Financial Advice. CIRANO.The commentaries contained herein are provided as a general source of information and should not be considered personal investment or tax advice. Every effort has been made to ensure accuracy in these commentaries at the time of publication; however, accuracy cannot be guaranteed. Market conditions may change investment decisions arising from the use or reliance on the information contained here.The contents of this Web site are provided for informational and educational purposes, and are not intended to provide specific individual advice including, without limitation, investment, financial, legal, accounting or tax. Please consult with your own professional advisor on your particular circumstances.AGF Management Limited (“AGF”), a Canadian reporting issuer, is an independent firm composed of wholly owned globally diverse asset management firms. AGF’s investment management subsidiaries include AGF Investments Inc. (“AGFI”), AGF Investments America Inc. (“AGFA”), Highstreet Asset Management Inc. (“Highstreet”), AGF Investments LLC (formerly FFCM LLC) (“AGFUS”), AGF International Advisors Company Limited (“AGFIA”), AGF Asset Management (Asia) Limited (“AGF AM Asia”), Doherty & Associates Ltd. (“Doherty”) and Cypress Capital Management Ltd. (“CCM”). AGFI, Highstreet, Doherty and Cypress are registered as portfolio managers across various Canadian securities commissions, in addition to other Canadian registrations. AGFA and AGFUS are U.S. registered investment advisers. AGFIA is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland and registered with the Australian Securities & Investments Commission. AGF AM Asia is registered as a portfolio manager in Singapore. AGF investment management subsidiaries manage a variety of mandates composed of equity, fixed income and balanced assets.TM The ‘AGF’ logo and ® ‘Sound Choices’ are registered trademarks of AGF Management Limited and used under licence.
About AGF Management Limited
Founded in 1957, AGF Management Limited (AGF) is an independent and globally diverse asset management firm. AGF brings a disciplined approach to delivering excellence in investment management through its fundamental, quantitative, alternative and high-net-worth businesses focused on providing an exceptional client experience. AGF’s suite of investment solutions extends globally to a wide range of clients, from financial advisors and individual investors to institutional investors including pension plans, corporate plans, sovereign wealth funds and endowments and foundations.
For further information, please visit AGF.com.
© 2020 AGF Management Limited. All rights reserved.
This post was first published at the AGF Perspectives Blog.