John Smolinski, Portfolio Manager, TD Canadian Equity Fund, discusses the impact of the Japanese crisis and the political turmoil in the Middle East and North Africa on the Canadian banking and energy sectors and shares names of some stocks that he likes.
In the interview, TD Mutual Fund's John Smolinski addresses the following concerns:
- How are you managing the constantly evolving global risks?
- What has been the impact on the markets?
- Will natural gas benefit from increased demand?
- How are you positioning the portfolio?
- Are there any sectors or companies that you like?
Click on the image below, or here, to watch the interview:
John Smolinski, CFA
Title: Managing Director
Education: BA Economics, York University, Chartered Financial Analyst
Industry Experience: Since 1990
Funds: TD Canadian Equity Fund, TD Balanced Growth Fund